Bear River MBR

Lynn and I stopped at BRMBR and found a few birds (but
not much water!!  Is it ever getting dry!!!)
Along the north side of the auto tour were 2 Great
Egrets and quite a few Franklin Gulls.
On the mudflat (where there USED to be water!) in the
southwest corner near the new observation stand was a
Peregrine Falcon that looked lost.  Befuddled or not,
he stayed long enough to give us some excellent looks!

There was a little bit of variety of birds along the
canal on the eastern part of the auto tour.  Here we
found Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs (near enough to
each other to afford a good comparison), and Solitary
Sandpipers.
I started birding 4 years ago when Jeff (my son) and I
stopped off at BRMBR to see what was there.  We really
enjoyed watching the Forster's Terns flutter and dive
into the water.  Everytime I see them do that, I think
back to that first unplanned birding trip!  Birding
has given me lots of good memories!

Ain't birding great!!
Bruce