Re: Fwd: Williamson's Sapsucker, anyone?

> Message: Has anyone seen a Willaiamson's Sapsucker in the past two weeks?  I
> have been to Mirror Lake (several times), Tony Grove, Boulder mountain road,
> and Brighton to no avail.  If you know another place where they've been
> seen, would you help me out with a post of when and where?  Thanks a bunch.

The only one I've seen this year was in Soapstone Basin.  If you take the
road up from the Mirror Lake Highway (about milepost 14) and drive up
through the basin, he was on a lone pine tree in the big meadow near Camp
Piuta (which is almost to the top).  It's a gravel road, but generally
in good condition.  That was more than a month ago, however, so he may
not be around any more.

Good luck.

Dave Hanscom