How Did We End Up In Evanston?

Greetings!

What started out as a Sunday search for Ruffed and Blue Grouse in the Weber-Cache area took a turn to the east and found Julie and me in Evanston.  Our first stop near Snow Basin brought a nice little flurry of activity including Lazuli Buntings, Green-tailed Towhees and the beautiful song of a Hermit Thrush.  We then drove about four miles along the road leading to Hardware Ranch where we saw the most colorful Mountain Bluebirds and American Goldfinches you can imagine.  Our stop at the Monte Cristo campground produced among other things Cassin's Finches, Warbling Vireos and MacGillivray's Warblers.  Although we didn't find too much at the campground, it appeared to have great potential.  Along the Deseret Ranch Road (Highway 16 between Woodruff and Evanston) we were able to add a Black-crowned Night Heron, Sandhill Crane and Ferruginous Hawk to our day list.

Well, I guess that's how we got to Evanston.  I officially started my Wyoming list and logged a Sandhill Crane as my first bird.  My first Utah bird was an American Avocet and the Sandhill Crane was number 34.

Pomera