Nebo Loop

We birded Nebo Loop for 8 hours on Sunday and saw many birds including
scads of mountain bluebirds, spotted towhees and warbling vireos.  We also
saw western tanager, fox sparrow, hermit thrush, ruby-crowned kinglet, red-
breasted nuthatch, hairy woodpecker, red-naped sapsucker, a great blue
heron in the top of a tall evergreen, red-tailed hawk, pewee, and various
warblers and sparrows, etc.  We also got to see a yellow warbler at Payson
Lakes feeding a chick that was fresh out of the nest.  Very cute!
On the way home in Salt Creek Canyon at the little dam in ten minutes we
saw a scrub jay, catbird, kingfisher, red-winged blackbird, and calling
from the bushes (a real treat) the elusive yellow-breasted chat. Nicky says
he sounds a policeman directing traffic with that distinctive whistle.
On the freeway drive home we saw a soaring Swainson's hawk. Forty-seven
species in all.
Carol Davis