North Arm of Pineview Reservoir

At the North Arm of Pineview on Sunday we were delighted to finally see the
yellow-breasted chats that many birders reported seeing along with the
regulars such as the catbird, fox sparrow, osprey, western wood-pewee,
etc.  We are sure we also found what must have been a family reunion
gathering of black-headed grosbeaks.
While we were trying to lure the catbirds from the bushes, we heard a
willow flycatcher.  He moved along at a pretty good pace so there was no
way to see him.  I hadn't even heard one north of St. George so that was
very nice.
We hit a few of the canyons up that way because it was such a beautiful day
for birding.  Fifty-seven species total.
Carol and Nicky Davis