Three mockingbirds in Box Elder County

Bridget Olson and I conducted the Snowville Breeding Bird Survey route today
and found not 2, but 3 mockingbirds.  The two were in the same place I
reported last week, the 3rd was 2.5 miles east of the first birds.  Also got
to see my first Utah burrowing owls, two different spots along the route, as
well as great looks at chukars.  The water level at Salt Wells has greatly
diminished in the last 4 days and we could only see 6 snowy plovers as
opposed to the 20 I saw last week.  Still, very fun morning!

Betsy Beneke
Perry, Utah
Box Elder County