Nocturnal Migration Flight

I wish I could post some bird sightings, but I won't be in Utah until August. Anyway, I know of several people who monitor bird migration using doppler radar. On several occasions last fall, I watched birds move south off of the north shore of Lake Ontario and head into New York. I know migration flights are much smaller in the west, but I wanted to see if I could watch it occur over the Great Salt Lake. Last fall, I started to check the Promontory Point radar image regularly just after sunset. Tonight I was finally able to watch what I assume were birds taking off from the shores of the Great Salt Lake. Several blue blobs appeared and moved north/northwest off of Antelope Island, Stansbury Island, Promontory Point and the south shore of the lake. If any of you are interested in checking this out in the future, go to the following website http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r0/si.kmtx.shtml sometime between 9:30-10:00 p.m on a night with a gentle south wind. As always...

THE BEST OF GOOD BIRDING!!!

Colby