Bear River

We visited the Bear River Bird refuge on Sunday and saw about 100 Long-
billed Dowitchers, a Long-billed Curlew, and a solitary Solitary Sandpiper.
Birds were out enjoying the cool air and occasional rain--the landscape was
littered with birds in the morning.
For a special treat, the marsh wrens were in the tops of the reeds posing
for birding magazine front covers when they weren't hopping around
collecting nesting material. We saw about 55 species in and around the
refuge.
We even stopped by Antelope Island on the way home and (first time this
year for us) the owl was in the barn and we also got to see the Marbled
Godwits (obviously not in the barn).
It was one of the best birding days ever.
Carol Davis and Nicky Davis