peregrine practice

Hi,

I thought about posting this a week ago, but having read Kris' eloquent description of the symphony of woodpeckers, I wasn't sure I could make this interesting. On the 20th of April I was at Bear River driving around the auto tour route. My camera battery went dead and I had pulled off into a parking lot on the northwest road by the big jog in the road. I had to get out to get another battery from the back seat. While out of the car I saw a pelican fly over. I was watching it as a peregrine falcon made a practice dive on the pelican. It happened so fast I can't tell how close it came, but the pelican pulled in his wings and head and dropped a ways before flapping again. The peregrine flew back up high and continued looking for dinner. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen anything like this.

Jack Binch