Fwd: Northern Saw-whet Owl in Brighton

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
It was submitted by Lance Benner on Monday, April 28, 2003 at 14:29:29

Subject: Northern Saw-whet Owl in Brighton

Email_Address: Left no address

Message: A Northern Saw-whet Owl was calling loudly at Brighton on Saturday night, April 26, at about 11:30 pm. Kathi Ellsworth (San Dimas, CA; originally from Draper, UT) and I heard it from the nordic ski area parking lot. The bird was on the opposite side of the loop road from the nordic area.
We never saw the bird but we were able to pinpoint it to a group of trees within about 100 feet of the road. There was also a Great Horned Owl calling at the same time that we heard the Northern Saw-whet Owl.

Good birding,

Lance Benner
Altadena, CA