Bullock's Oriole

Today while walking along the Jordan River Parkway, I ran into a nice little pocket of birds.  I saw my first Bullock's Oriole and Western Kingbird of the season.  There were also two Forster's Terns working the small pond on the east side of the river.  The pond can be reached by entering the parkway at 6600 South (also called Winchester Street) and walking north along the trail.  As soon as you walk over the bridge, you will see the pond right in front of you.  If you happen to be on this stretch of the parkway, be sure to check out this pond.  It is a pretty reliable place for the terns and orioles and has given up some nice birds in the past including a Spotted and a Solitary Sandpiper.

Pomera