Antelope Island

Greetings -

When I found the Barn Owl in the barn just before the pay station at Antelope Island, I knew it was going to be a good day!  Along the causeway there were mostly grebes and gulls, but I did find a flock of about 25 Sanderlings.  In the puddles near the marina, I saw a few Avocets, Willets and Yellowlegs.  In the mudflats on the way to the ranch, more Avocets and Willets and one Long-billed Curlew.  Nothing unusual at the ranch.  Just as I left the island, I saw my first Brown-headed Cowbird of the year bringing my day's total to 30 species.

Pomera